Credit and Loans
- 1-800-637-4636 – NEA Line of Credit – Access a credit line between $500 and $25,000 using personalized checks.
- 1-800-637-4636 – NEA Credit Card Program – Superior benefits exclusive to members with the NEA Platinum Plus MasterCard, NEA Premier Gold MasterCard, or the NEA School Days MasterCard. Benefits include no annual fee, low introductory rates, travel benefits and competitive interest rates.
- 1-800-603-3953 – National Board Certification Loan – A low cost line of credit designed to help cover the assessment fee for National Board Certification.
- 1-800-637-4636 – NEA Personal Loan – A low cost, no collateral loan. Use the money for almost any purpose – bill consolidation, tuition or home improvements.
Click and Save Member Discount Program
An exciting new benefit offered by MSEA. MSEA/NEA members have access to discounts on hotels, golf courses, ski resorts, travel, services, entertainment, movies and recreation packages through the internet-based Click and Save Program. It’s free and especially designed for MSEA/NEA members. For more information log onto marylandeducators.org/clickandsave.
- 410-461-3675 or 1-800-884-2675 – Critical Illness Insurance – Up to $100,000 protection against the financial disaster caused by catastrophic illness. Pays a lump-sum benefit upon first diagnosis of a wide array of critical conditions (e.g., heart attack, stroke, cancer, kidney failure, etc.).
- 1-800-637-4636 – In-Hospital Plan – Helps you pay the “extra” expenses associated with a hospital stay.
- 410-461-3675 or 1-800-884-2675 – NEA Long-Term Care – This insurance provides financial support for nursing home, assisted living and at-home care for you, your spouse or your parents. Underwritten by Mutual of Omaha, NEA Long-Term Care is administered by National Health Administrators. The NEA Long Term Care insurance is available on payroll deduction through the TABCO OAD payroll slot. For more information and a quote visit National Health Administrators on-line at http://www.nha.net.
- 1-800-637-4636 – Medicare Supplement Plan – The NEA Medicare Supplement Program provides NEA members and their spouses age 65 and older with coverage in standard plan option A-J formats for hospital and medical expenses not covered by Medicare. You cannot be refused coverage and you can even choose your own doctors and hospitals. Additional features include discounts on dental, vision, hearing care, and 45% off prescription drugs at no extra cost for plan options C-J.
1-800-637-4636 – NEA Member Benefits at http://www.neamb.com. NEA Members have a choice of a large number of life insurance products to suit their needs including:
- NEA Complimentary Life Insurance – Call to register for your coverage that comes free with membership. Up to $50,000 in accidental death and dismemberment insurance when incident occurs on the job and a $150,000 benefit for death due to homicide while actively engaged in your occupation. The plan also includes up to $1,000 life insurance and up to $5,000 for accidental death and dismemberment coverage. NEA-Retired members are also eligible for a $50,000 benefit for covered events while serving in the capacity of the Association leader on business. Register your beneficiary at neamb.com.
- Group Term Life Insurance – Affordable decreasing term life insurance protection from $50,000 to $300,000 for NEA members, their spouse or domestic partner.
- Preferred Term Life Plan – A level premium plan that offers 10, 15 or 20 year term life insurance in amounts of $100,000, $250,000, $500,000 or up to $1,000,000 of coverage. Full coverage is available up to age 80.
- Premium Term Life Plan – Coverage from $25,000 to $250,000 of decreasing Term Life Insurance. An added benefit, at no additional cost, accidental death and dismemberment insurance equal to double your regular benefit, up to $250,000.
- AD&D Insurance – You can cover your entire family with accidental death and dismemberment insurance. There is no medical exam, and your acceptance is guaranteed. Rates start at $19 per year and coverage options for up to $520,000.
- AD&D Plus Insurance – Starting as low as $23 per year, offers additional benefit options for daycare, tuition, and spouse tuition reimbursements.
- ‘Guaranteed Issue’ Life Plan – Offered exclusively to NEA-Retired members age 55 and over. Coverage is guaranteed; benefit decreases with age.
- Joint Protection Life Plan – Supplemental protection for your peak earning years. Choose from $10,000 to $300,000 in decreasing term life coverage with terms ranging from 10 to 30 years.
- Homeowners Insurance – Provides coverage for your house, condo or townhouse and your possessions. Special benefits include $3,000 coverage for your computer equipment when used at home or away from home for educational activities, and for personal electronic audio and video equipment used in educational activities away from home.
- Auto & Home Insurance – Tailored for educators. Features include $250 personal property coverage (from a locked or unlocked insured vehicle) and 7-day, 24-hour emergency claims service. A special offer allows you to skip July and August payments.
- Income Protection Plan – Salary protection for members in case of disability. Benefit options in increments of $100 up to $6,000 or 2/3 of your monthly salary, whichever is less.
Educators Employment Liability Program –
- Payment of the legal costs of defending civil proceedings (other than proceedings concerning Civil Rights) brought against you in the course of performing your educational employment activities.
- Payment of up to $1,000,000* in damages assessed against you as a result of such civil proceedings.
- Payment of up to $300,000* worth of defense, settlement or judgments and other supplementary payments for proceedings concerning Civil Rights.** (Coverage A is subject to a $3,000,000 per occurrence limit regardless of the number of members involved in the occurrence.)
These are just a few of the benefits of the program. For more information go to: http://www.nea.org/home/29065.htm
Pet Insurance – Visit any licensed veterinarian, Pets Best reimburses you 80% of the veterinarian’s bill for covered services, after a deductible, plans include reimbursement for covered care from specialists and emergency services, wellness options are available, Pets Best Plans underwritten by Aetna Insurance Company of Connecticut are the only pet insurance plans endorsed by The American Veterinary Medical Association Group Health & Life Insurance Trust – 1-800-637-4636.
- American Century 1-800-345-3533×54999
- Legg Mason 410-837-8800
- T. Rowe Price 1-800-492-7670
- NEA Money Market Account – 1-800-348-4643 – Superior yields with easy access to your funds. FDIC-Insured up to $100,000 per depositor.
- NEA Gold Certificate CD – 1-800-348-4643 – Offers among some of the highest yields in the nation. FDIC-Insured up to $100,000 per depositor with terms from 6 to 60 months.
Visit the NEA Member Benefits website at http://www.neamb.com for more information.
Tax Deferred Annuities
- Integrated Financial Solutions 410-480-0007 – members should call Tom Henry, CFP or e-mail: email@example.com or visit the website at www.ifsmd.net
- Lincoln Financial Group 410-316-9300 x111 – members should call Amy Brocious or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.lincolnfinancial.com
- Met Life Insurance 410-356-7200 or 410-598-9728 or 800-492-3553 x28001 – members should call or email Ed Abrams at email@example.com or visit the website at www.metlife.com
- ING Financial Advisers, LLC 410-964-0964 – members should call John Hammett, Certified Financial Planner or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.ingfinancialadvisers.com
- AIG/VALIC 410-859-2164 or 800-448-2542 – members should call Rodney Repko or email email@example.com or visit the website at www.aigvalic.com